The Supreme Court of New Jersey created a special designation to identify attorneys who have demonstrated a level of competence in a particular area of law.
To be designated as a “certified” civil trial attorney in the State of New Jersey, an attorney must:
1. Be a member of the New Jersey Bar in good standing for at least five years;
2. Have taken a specific number of continuing legal education courses; and
3. Demonstrate substantial involvement in the preparation of litigated matters; and
4. Demonstrate an unblemished reputation by submitting a list of attorneys and judges who will attest to their character and ability; and
5. Pass a written examination covering various aspects of practice in civil trial law